- Affectedly dainty or refined.
- Delicately beautiful.
- usage: "a dainty teacup"; "an exquisite cameo"
- synonyms: exquisite
- Especially pleasing to the taste.
- usage: "a dainty dish to set before a kind";
- Excessively fastidious and easily disgusted.
- usage: "too nice about his food to take to camp cooking"; "so squeamish he would only touch the toilet handle with his elbow"
by WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
- (superl.) Delicious to the palate; toothsome.
- (n.) A term of fondness.
- (superl.) Requiring dainties. Hence: Overnice; hard to please; fastidious; squeamish; scrupulous; ceremonious.
- (n.) Value; estimation; the gratification or pleasure taken in anything.
- (n.) That which is delicious or delicate; a delicacy.
- (superl.) Rare; valuable; costly.
- (superl.) Nice; delicate; elegant, in form, manner or breeding; well-formed; neat; tender.
by Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary