- Compatibility in opinion and action.
- synonyms: harmoniousness
- The structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords.
- synonyms: musical harmony
- A harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole.
- Agreement of opinions.
- An agreeable sound property. .
by WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
- (n.) A succession of chords according to the rules of progression and modulation.
- (n.) The science which treats of their construction and progression.
- (n.) A literary work which brings together or arranges systematically parallel passages of historians respecting the same events, and shows their agreement or consistency; as, a harmony of the Gospels.
- (n.) See Harmonic suture, under Harmonic.
- (n.) Concord or agreement in facts, opinions, manners, interests, etc.; good correspondence; peace and friendship; as, good citizens live in harmony.
- (n.) The just adaptation of parts to each other, in any system or combination of things or in things or things intended to form a connected whole; such an agreement between the different parts of a design or composition as to produce unity of effect; as, the harmony of the universe.
by Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary